BRIC Youth Curatorial Fellowship
Artist Open Call for the Inaugural For-Teens-By-Teens 2020 Exhibition:
- Submissions accepted: December 11, 2019 - January 14, 2020
- Submission deadline: January 14, 2020 (by 11:59PM)
- For-Teens-By-Teens exhibition: May 20 - June 14, 2020
What is New York’s perspective on transit? What inspires you about your daily commute, whether it be good or bad? How do artists view the MTA? The diversity that comes with this institution; the many faces of its community and the perspectives that they bring.The dark side of transportation and the cost you have to give when taking the Metro Transit Authority. Submit a work of art that reveals small secrets within the system you see everyday.
ABOUT THE BRIC YOUTH CURATORIAL FELLOWSHIP:
BRIC’s Youth Curatorial Fellowship program is a group of teen curators developing and producing the 1st Annual For-Teens-By-Teens, BRIC’s Youth Contemporary Art Exhibition. The exhibition will showcase Visual Arts pieces in 2D & 3D mediums created by Brooklyn high school and college undergraduate age (14-21) artists, including printmaking, drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, textile, mixed-media, and installation art. The public exhibition will take place at BRIC House and be on display from May 20, 2020 to June 14, 2020.
This is an open call for artist submissions to participate in the inaugural For-Teens-By-Teens 2020 exhibition, a part of BRIC’s Youth Contemporary Art Exhibition. We encourage submissions across mediums dealing with the theme of New York's public transit system, the MTA. There are a few application requirements, outlined below:
- This exhibition is curated by teens, for teens, and has an age requirement. All applicants must be either ages 14-21, or a high school freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior or an undergraduate college freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior.
- Applicants must have an affiliation with New York's MTA. This can be defined as using the MTA on a regular basis, or being based in a borough of New York City.
- You must share your name (or name of your arts collective), age, and current contact information (email preferred).
- An artist statement, description of your proposed work, whether the work is complete and in progress, and how the work is related to the theme are required.
- You must submit no less than 3 and no more than 7 supporting documents: PDF/DOC/DOCX/ODT/JPEG/TIFF/PNG/AI files of a sketch of your proposed work, or an image of your complete work, or an image of a similar, recently completed work (within the past 3 years); GIF/SVG/MP4/MOV files of video work and/or MP3/WAV files of audio work; PPT/PPTX/PSD files are also accepted.
- BRIC reserves the right to exclude the display of any artwork considered inappropriate for this exhibition.
Please submit via Submittable, you will have to create a Submittable account to submit.
QUESTIONS? Email us at BRICYouthCuratorial@bricartsmedia.org.